Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quick Fix

The massive storms that pounded much of the country had slowly marched their way Eastwards. Our forecasts called for torrents of rain to hit us on Monday, with some follow-up showers on Tuesday. And for once; the forecasters were right!

Sitting in a big meeting on Monday, it was all I could do not to stare out the window at all the glorious rain hammering down, washing all the bad stuff away. Dried riverbeds of salt met their maker as the precipitation soaked and sloshed them off to sewer basins and runoffs everywhere. The first half of Tuesday followed with a much lighter cleansing from the skies, but combined with Monday's events, resulted in some salt-free roadways. And that can only mean one thing;

Time To Ride!

I got home from work last night and hopped on the bike for some quick jaunts around the area. I had errands to run which took up most of my free time, so I wasn't able to stack up many miles, but the feeling of elation was still there.

Of course, I brought the bike in to work this morning and there's been a bit of a smile on my face all day long, for I know the end of the day will bring another sweet bit of sanity, otherwise known as "The ride home".

And despite having commuted to and from this job for over 11 years, would you believe it's still possible to get lost on the way home? It's true! There have been instances where it's taken me hours to get home!!

I have a funny feeling it might happen again tonight...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: