Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Puzzling

Despite my prior ramblings of easily handling February's wintertime onslaught, the fact remains that cabin fever is still very much a factor.  I've been thinking of ideas that would help this forlorn Jeep-bound traveler pass the time while keeping his motorcycle focus intact.

I thought about buying some of the myriad of biker-themed books out there and then doing mini book-report postings on them, but that's much to close to actual school work, so I bailed on that.

I thought about finding some really cheesy, B-grade motorycle movies, and then inviting the guys over to have some beerverages while we check them out.  I may still do that at some point, but since I still don't have furniture or a TV down there, this plan will also be tabled.

So what did I settle upon?  Why, a jigsaw puzzle.  But not just any jigsaw puzzle, oh no.  This one is over 3' long, and isn't your standard rectangle shape.  This one is cut out in the shape of the motorcycle itself (looks like an early 90's Road King, although, with no saddlebags, as well as the look of that rear fender (and despite the spoked wheels), it could be a Fatboy).  Anyway, it arrived in the mail yesterday and upon opening it up, I found the bag of pieces had a hole in it.  Ruh-roh...

Anyway, there weren't any pieces floating around inside the box (which was factory-sealed) so hopefully all the pieces are there.  (I started counting them, but then realized that was way too much like school work, too.)

I lucked out; there were a few pieces that hadn't been separated, so that gave me a bit of a head start.  I've pulled most of the border pieces aside, but since this doesn't have a uniform, generic outline, I'm sure I missed some of those pieces.  But, everything is laid out and it's keeping my mind focused on something other than what's going on outside my window...

...although, we're getting a TON of rain today, so maybe the puzzle will be set aside (along with the Jeep) and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get some miles on soon.

Ride Hard, Put The Pieces Together

No comments: