Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Newbie mistake #1? Yep; already done.

So I had this long introductory note written up and was going to post it...then I highlighted it to check it for spelling (I dont want tew come across as dum rite off the bat) and I somehow erased everything. Uhm...I guess this is where I try to remember what I'd written...the prose...the eloquence...*sigh*

So I guess this is where I explain how this blog came to be. I've got a buddy who has a blog on here (bostonsmotoblog). We were on a m'cycle trip recently and he was posting pics directly to the web and I asked what the heck he was doing. He explained about his blog and all, so when I got back home, I checked it out and voila; his blog. Too cool. So I kept checking back for updates...but there weren't any. He'd apparently gone back to having a life (no offense to serial bloggers), leaving those of us who are entertained by his compositions, high and dry. And then I remembered that he'd 'published' a bit of a newsletter years ago, detailing the happenings and experiences of his time in Germany. And that had been good reading as well...for the short duration of it's publishing ("mosbachtimes"; only 4 issues, remember?) Sensing a bit of a theme here (post/publish for a while and then disappearing), I was going to get on him about keeping current - but then it dawned on me that I couldn't really give him a hard time if I wasn't going to at least give this blogging thing a try, myself. And there you have it. My introduction.

I'll try to update/post on a fairly regular basis, and I'll even try to make it somewhat interesting. I figure it's the least I can do if you're going to the trouble of reading this. You are reading this, right? Hey, pay attention to me when I'm talking to you! *Sigh* That's why we never worked out; you never listened.

Where was I? Oh yeah posting. Most of what I'll be rambling about will be motorcycle related...or rant related...and sometimes both. And if I'm feeling especially ambitious, I'll even see if I can figure out how to post pics in here. I know, I know; how positively wonderful of me. Thank you, thank you. Save your applause - throw cash, instead.

Got some goings on right now; the bike is going through a bit of rehab, but more on that in a subsequent post. Besides, it's just about quitting time...er...not that I'm blogging on the clock...at work...or anything. Because I would certainly never do such a thing. CRAP! I put a time stamp on this thing, didn't I? DAMMIT! Ok then; until next time...

Catch you down the road...

No comments: