Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Bentley's

It hit me on the ride in this morning that I should put something up here.  After all, my last post said I'd be sporadic, it didn't say I was walked away completely.

In lookng at the calendar, I noticed that it's been exactly one month since I put anything up here.  I guess that certainly meets the criteria for "sporadic"...

Anyway, this weekend is our annual guys trip up to Bentley's in Maine.  Camping...which of course means there's rain in the forecast. Thankfully, the predictions appear to be getting slightly better.  Yesterday, the call was for rain on all three days.  This morning, it looks like rain on Friday night into Saturday morning but then clear for the rest of it.  I can live with that I suppose.

There'll be just three of us this year; Ed Galley, Greg and myself.  Artie had originally signed up to share a campsite with Ed, but then backed out.  I guess there's always a chance that someone can jump in last minute to fill the spot but all the other regulars have said they can't make it, so the odds aren't good.

It should be a good ride up tomorrow and I imagine we'll arrive before check-in time.  What to do with the down time...well, I found a number of brew houses and distilleries on-line, so there's always that.  And of course the awesome roadways and scenery, so that will play a big part, too.

I just realized that I should also see if I can find any Legions up there that are open (last year, we found 4, but they were all closed; doing rentals/events only).

Here's wishing everyone a great long weekend.  What?  Oh, right; it's a long weekend for me because I'm taking Friday off.  Well, happy long weekend to me.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: