Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Repeat Of Fender

Most of you have seen the damaged front fender that I've been riding around with for a couple of months now...



How the damage happened isn't important.  Suffice to say that at the end of the day; it's considered my fault so let's move on.

Removal was super easy; 4 bolts and my bike was on it's way to being a bobber!

I dunno...whaddya think?

Yeah, it looks kinda silly with all the other stuff still on there.  Ok, I'd better get a fender back on there.

I'd looked it up on Harley and it was going to be about $840 for a new one (man, that paint is expensive!).  So instead, I've been keeping an eye out on Craigslist, eBay, and FB marketplace.  FB is where I wound up finding one - a guy out in Kansas had one and sent me some pics.  It looked in fine shape to me (one tiny ding on the back end which would be out of sight, anyway) and he was only charging $275.  I tossed him an extra $20 for shipping, and was soon in possession of a 'new' fender to slap on!

A few short minutes later, and I was back to looking good as new!

Hopefully I'll be able to keep this one undented.  Wish me luck...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: