Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, October 29, 2007

Costumes, Carnage and Common Sense

Not much to blog about this week. My company's Halloween party was on Friday, I dressed up as a Headless Horseman and won a Bose Docking station. Not too shabby. I'll try and get a pic up here this week - I always dress up /compare costumes on Halloween night with my niece and nephew so I'll get some shots taken with them.

Saturday, I had some folks over for an annual heathen ritual whereby we slaughter some innocent gourds. We each chose our victim, sliced into their crowns, laid bare their insides and slashed our vile designs into their flesh. That's right; it was pumpkin carving time.


That night, it was our beloved Sox taking game three of the World Series. Sunday; I wached the phenominal Patriots dismantle the Redskins, followed shortly by the aforementioned Sox winning game 4 - and the Series. It's a good time to be a New England fan.

31 degrees this morning as I rolled out of my driveway, headed for the gym. First time back in a week and it felt good to throw some iron around for a bit. A couple of the guys get a kick out of the fact that I'm still riding. I just smile and remind them that once the snow arrives, they'll be wishing they'd ridden when they had the chance.

However, I think the time has come for me to take a step forward in the direction of intelligence and distance myself a slight bit from ego and bravado. It would be the end of an era, so to speak. But then again, all great sacrifices are somewhat akin to such a process. What the hell am I talking about? I'm thinking about finally breaking down and getting a windshield. Don't get me wrong; I love the layered affect, where you don neck bandana, face mask, hat, fleece neck warmer, head wrap, ear bandana and a hood - all to the point where you cannot turn your head to see what's coming at you from either side. Then on top of all that, you hunch forward as if you could find some level of wind protection behind that 1" thick tube of metal that you steer with. What fun! So perhaps the time has indeed come to take that step. We'll see. Maybe tomorrow - but I think it's supposed to warm all the way up to 34 so I'm ok for now. The really cold weather isn't coming for a week, so I still have plenty of time. :-D




Ride Hard, Take Chances.

No comments: