Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Safety Concerns


I received a picture text from Steph last week.  It was simply titled "Do you think this is safe?"  One look at the accompanying picture, and I wasn't sure if she meant the helmet, or the fact that Michael now has his license, and a bike.

I took a guess that she was inquiring about the helmet, and replied that she shouldn't worry, that those style of helmets are the "in" thing these days. She replied that it was circa 1980, and had no padding in it at all. (I'm assuming it's a leftover from when he used to ride the short-bus to school.)

At any rate, I assured her that the helmet's age and lack of padding notwithstanding, the reckless abandonment of ones personal safety meant more street-cred for him.   (I didn't tell her that it also meant I would not be seen riding with him.)

Anyhow - congrats, Michael, on achieving the license and finagling a bike to ride.  Hopefully the legal owner will be happy that you're out there getting miles on it, rather than it sitting in your garage and rusting...like it's been doing for the past several years.

Ride Safe, and when you're ready; Ride Hard!  And maybe upgrade that helmet at some point.

Just kidding, it looks good!  (On you.)  :-D

No comments: