Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, August 16, 2013

Happy Friday

It appears this website might actually let me post a pic today, so I'll hit you with a little bit of rambling, and then a random shot of a sign I stumbled across in a little corner store up in New Hampshire earlier in the summer.

So what to ramble about? Well, the mornings have been getting chillier, which is to be expected this time of year. The air is clean, crisp, and best of all; dry. The humidity has seen fit to give us a break, and from what I'm hearing on the weather reports (ha!); we're in store for a good weekend.

Alas, the other thing that goes hand in hand with this time of year is the shortening of daylight. I'm still able to wear the sunglasses for the ride in (5:45am), but I'm pushing things. In a week or so, I'll have to make the switch over to clears. And then, sometime after that (but thankfully not for a few months, still); the ride home will require clears, too.

But that's something to worry about at a later time. The summer's peak has passed, and we're aiming for the downslope into Fall. The Labor Day Maine Event is looming on the horizon and that should be a great weekend as always. (Unfortunately, I'm not able to make it out to Olean for the pre-event revelry this year, so I'll just have to make up for that while up in Maine.)

So there you go. Nothing really crazy going on, on this end, but I'm getting miles on wherever I can. I need to do a complete brake service at some point as well (and I have all the fluids and parts), but the pads that are on the bike now still have some life in them so I'm going to stretch things out for a bit longer.

Here's hoping eveyone out there is doing well. Enough with the rambling, here's your picture.


Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: