Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Olean, How We Miss Thee

It's Labor Day time once again, but alas; there's no "Olean" leg this time around. I had to bail on that option, which left me stuck here at my desk for the past couple of days. I'm outta here tomorrow, though; headed up to Maine directly. Barring any raod issues, I should be pulling into the clearing in the early afternoon. I'm not certain when the rest of the crew will be arriving - hell, that plan seems to change by the day. Flex was in, I found out two days ago that I guess he's out. Then, we lost another one this morning who decided to back out at the last minute. Oh well, it doesn't matter who makes it up there, we'll have a great time.

The NY crew will be departing tomorrow morning, then overnighting it in VT and then arriving at the clearing sometime on Friday. I'm sure they'll be ready to kick things into gear whenever it is that they arrive. Their crew is short a few folks as well; our beloved Mark and Mary aren't able to make it, nor are Carol, Stephanie and Britta and Steele, or Big John and Stephanie. Another person who will be absent is Bub, but he's got a good reason, as he went in for open-heart surgery yesterday. Word from Lynner is the surgery went much longer than anticipated, but that it went well, and he's recovering now.

Here's hoping everyone that is making the ride up has a safe and enjoyable trip. Those of you not going to Maine...what's wrong with you?

Full coverage of the 2013 Maine Event to follow. Until then...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: