Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Olean Bound!

It's time for the annual Olean Pigapalooza again!  I'm planning on hitting the road super early tomorrow morning (5am) and, with any luck; should roll into Mark & Mary's driveway between 4 and 5pm tomorrow.

Wait...that's about 12 hours, Dave-O.  Why so long on the road?  Well ya see, I'm not gonna hammer the highways this time around, I"m going to take a nice scenic route...almost the same scenic route that Zig and I took a couple of years ago.  Instead of headin gup to the Pike and picking up Rte 84 off of that, I'm going to swing down through CT and take Rte 6 out to 384, then 84.  On-line maps say it'll only add about 20 minutes to the ride, but truth be told; I'd be going much faster on the interstates (Mass Pike) than the maps take into consideration, so taking teh 2-lanes will probably add a good 45 minutes to the trip.  But it's all good - the weather looks a little wet in the morning, but then I should ride out of it and have clear skies for the rest of the ride.  So why not take advantage of that and enjoy the views and interactions that I'm sure I'll have along the way.

I'm especially looking forward to the sweeping curves and high-speed whoop-de-doo's along Rte 44 in PA.  Those should be a great time again.

Huh...speaking of "again"...I just remembered that the last time Zig and I went out this way, I missed a turn...I think it was the turn onto 44...which wasn't clearly marked.

Looks like I'd better go back on the maps and make sure I've got the route right in my head.

Olean awaits!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: