Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, October 30, 2015

All Hallow's Eve

So today is my work party-day.  Everyone dresses up in costumes and the general populace votes on their favorites.  Then there's a party off-site after work hours and the votes are tabulated...and then the execs toss out the vote numbers and rank the winners in order that they like them (usually company product themed costumes get ranked high.  (shrug)  It's a process I've come to accept, and I don't play that game, I like to do my own thing.  So enough about the process, here's this year's offering...

First up; the poem/poster I created to put up around work (lots of folks put up flyers to drum up interest/awareness of their costume).


Here's a pic of the headpiece I put together...

And here are the legs; plastering stilts with corn stalks zip tied to them...

And here's how the costume came out...

I added bloodied gloves and a broom handle with a crow on it.  Not too shabby.

I haven't fallen yet while walking around, but the day is still young.  I'm about to head out a bit early with the rest of the fun people and hit the bar for a bit of priming before the work party.  I gotta be sure to go easy, though.  Nothing will ruin my chances of winning faster than wiping out half of the execs up on stage.

Or maybe that will help?

At least in years to come, folks would be like; Remember that year that Dave took out the President, CEO and CFO with his costume?  Yeah, that was hilarious!  I wonder where he's working now...

Tomorrow I'm headed to Ed & Susan's for their annual driveway trick-or-treat shindig and I'll wear whatever is left of this costume to that.  So wish me luck.

Everyone have a happy, safe, and SKEERY HALLOWEEN!!

No comments: