Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, October 23, 2015

Chipmunker

I know, I know; I've been an absentee blogger.  I've been jammed up with the budget season but you don't want to hear that, you want to hear motorcycle stories and tales of adventure.  Well, I hadn't been having any of those so there was no need to bother (bore) you with nonsensical whining about my long work hours.

I will try and get you caught up on Monday with some of the non-work stuff which has started to appear again, things like the Bentley's camping weekend last weekend (fun!), or the new gloves I got (Not exciting for you, but I love 'em), etc.

So why not get you caught up now?  Because it's almost quitting time and I'm thirsty as hell.  But I will leave you with one little observation I had on the way in this morning, which is the reason for the odd title on this post.

Taking back roads on the way in this morning, I kept seeing chipmunks darting across the street.  One of them even almost ran right under my front tire, the stupid little varmint.  I guess all the leaves that have fallen (and are lining the lawns and edges of the roadways) offer these guys more cover than they're used to, so they're getting more bold about just darting across open pavement.  Well that's all well and good, but it's downright dangerous for the little buggers.

Ok Dave, that's great and all, but what's with the "er" on the end of the blog title?

Well, as these things kept darting back and forth, some pausing at different intervals, others just blasting straight across, it reminded me of the old video game "Frogger" where you had to move your frog across the street in between traffic.  Except now it was with chipmunks.  So I give you; Chipmunker.

You're welcome.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: