Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pigapalooza Pics!

Ski's Camp!

Here is the upstairs, with a very cool walkwak (gangplank!) to the octagonal window.  It extends across the open area below.
 
 The bar area.  Along the left wall are a bunch of recliners, along the right wall is the bar itself.  And I must have been moving when I snapped the pic.

Here, looking up at the gangplank, above.

At the V, here's the smoker that John and his nephew had built.  Lucky horseshoes for handles (which worked great and didn't get too hot to touch)...

Inside...smoked pig!!!

The vents underneath.  They were spring loaded so you could open or close them as much or as little as you wanted, and they'd stay put.  Very, very cool.

The fire pit at the V.  Each side has a steel header, flipped on its side, and the end panels have slots in them so you can slide them in our out to give you as big or as little a cooking area as you like (or; split the heat zones if you like).  Also very cool.

Black IPA from the 4 Mile Brewery just outside of downtown Olean.  I'm more of a stout and porter kind of guy, but this stuff was tastier than the porter they had on tap.

Oh yeah; I pussied out when I went to the brewery from the V.  It was pouring out so I accepted McCarthy's offer to take his truck.  I should have paid attention to the backup camera rather than the side mirrors.  I did a great job in getting close to the chainlink, but didn't realize the corner of the building had one of those concrete protectors on it.  I didn't hit it, but man, I sure came close...

Back at the V.  The local (Town of Olean) Fire Dept was doing a boot drive out front.  Which seems like a poor location because it's a 55mph road!!  But folks were stopping and contributing, so I guess it was worth it.  (Word on the street is these stops net the dept $2k each time!)

Me and Tim's bikes were tucked under the overhang to keep them out of the weather...which was getting nicer and nicer, thankfully.

Grilling corn in the front, throwing Cornhole in the back.

There was a function going on at the Sharon Post, back home.  Bill texted me at one point, asking me if I was going to the Post.  I replied that I was at the Post.  He replied, asking where, because he couldn't see me.  Then I took this pic and sent it to him.  He replied "Oh, gotcha. Tell everyone I said Hey."

Breakfast the next morning.  Mmmmmmm!!!!!

You'll have to open the pic to see it, but the exhaust pipe inside has dropped below the exit port of the muffler, exposing the batting above.
The dealership said both pipes were rotted inside, that they'd never seen this before or even heard of it.  And insult-to-injury; my extended service plan doesn't cover performance parts, even though they were installed by the dealership at the time of purchase.  Awesome.

Here's the loaner I chose; a Road Glide.


It's not the first time I've ridden one but I wanted to give it another try.  Still don't like it.  There's too much weight extended forward from the bike.  In straightaways, it seemed to feel better than the Street Glide, but in corners; no where near as good.  The center of gravity is definitely impacted by this.
And that little tiny windshield?  Yeach, it doesn't do a damn thing other than shovel all the wind (and rain) right into your face.  Good times.

Oh yeah; one last pic from the adventure.  Here's the sign that Mary made and we texted to Ziggy.  She did this all on her own.  :-D


Wish I was headed out there again this weekend...

Ride Hard Take Chances

No comments: