Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, January 20, 2017

Dream Bike!

The bike build project has revived itself in my head so I was looking on line lately for shovelhead bikes that I could redo.  I stumbled upon a rare find at a dealership...

It's a '67 Shovelhead stuffed into '51 Panhead rigid frame.  How incredible is this thing!

Yeah, I realize that buying a bike defeats the purpose of building one, but this thing is so close to what I have in my mind, that I couldn't just pass it by.

Stock (kicker) Shovelhead engine, stock rigid frame, FLH front end...this is what I want to ride!  I would swap the spoked wheels for solid rims, as well as chop that rear fender even more than it already is.  A lot of what's chrome now would be powdercoated either black or red.  New guages, lifted the gas tank onto the top of the framd, changed the bars, etc.  So it would have a lot of my own input to it, but what an opportunity!  To start out with something that is already so close to what my finished bike would be - I had to act on it!

I called them...

...it was sold two days ago.

Back to dreaming and searching...



No comments: