Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Weekend Postlude

So Zig and I met up with Bill and Sam and Zack to see if those stunt riders were putting on a show today. Unfortunately; the weather seemed to have deterred them and they were nowhere to be seen. At the insistence of my niece and nephew, I did a quick 360 degree burnout so that the trip wouldn't be a complete washout for them. Upon completion, I rode back up to them with a certain level of satisfaction; a semi-respectable cloud of vaporized rubber hung in the air, the swath left by my rear tire (while not without some imperfections) was readily recognizable as a circle...I thought I'd done rather well. But they weren't impressed. They wanted more. They wanted sheer volume. They wanted a statement. They wanted lungs; fighting for oxygen...eyes; watering, swollen and red...eardrums; tattered and wasted. Instead; they received my humble apologies and meek explanation that I really didn't want to abuse my engine any more than I had.

So we parted ways. Zig and I wound our way up to a favorite local pub and settled in for some cocktails. Mike showed up to share our company and we made a call out to King to say some hello's.

Beers took their toll and I headed off to the lavoratory. I glanced out the main door to make sure the weather was still holding off. After taking care of business, I came back out and happened to glance outside again - only to see that not only had it started snowing, but there was a light layer of fluffy white powder on the ground. How was this possible??? Things were clear not a minute or two earlier? Regardless, the point was clear; I had to make for home and make for home quickly. I shot back to the bar, grabbed my gear, asked Zig to cover my tab and hit the road.

Taking corners on a layer of freshly dropped snow will add a certain level of ass-puckerage to any ride. Suffice to say that I didn't try to do any floorboard grinding on the way home. Instead, I behaved myself and was rewarded with a successful arrival back at the abode. I rolled into the garage and begrudgingly lowered the door on my ride, uncertain of when I would be able to retrieve her again.

Wow; lots of posts lately...and two in one day? That's unlike me. No worries, though. I'm sure I'll be plenty quiet once the riding dies out for a while. I still owe you the pics of the windshield, those will go up tomorrow.

Ta for now...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: