Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Back to...Normalcy?

The week is over - a week spent doing plumbing and framing in my basement. The drainage lines are laid out, the vent lines have been run through dead spaces of walls and tied into the existing stacks in the attic, and the trenches have been backfilled and cemented back up. We framed in the shower stall and the bath area, and I'm pretty sure I've got a rough layout of the bar area conceived. The heating lines for the house offer a bit of a challenge as they hang below the ceiling joists, so we've had to build a bunch of soffets around those. All in all though, things are looking good. Still a long ways to go, but it'll get there eventually. I took some pics but unfortunately, my brother's laptop (which I use when I'm posting from home) runs on Vista, and that's not compatible with my digital camera (good old Vista!). So I'll have to post the pics during next week, when I'm back at work.

Ahhh yes, back to work. Well, back to my job, I guess I should say. The past week wasn't exactly a vacation, but it was a nice change-up from the usual. But tomorrow morning, it's back to the normal grind. I have to trade back the chop saw, levels, cement mixer, measuring tape, trowels, nail gun and everything else. Trade all that cool stuff back for my quiet, peaceful computer. A fair trade? Well...

Hope everyone's week was good. Pics to follow...

No comments: