Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, August 15, 2008

Quick update

Zig and I are in Michigan. We had some issues with traffic on Thursday...we danced with a heavy lightning storm (not once, but three times), and had a breakdown, courtesy of Paramount HD. The dealership that worked on my bike on Wednesday.

Oh yeah; when I went to pick up my bike, they delighted me with the news that they had been able to fix my primary leak. How wonderful! Too bad the guy that did the work, neglected to tighten the nut that goes against the backing plate of the transmission mainshaft. So when I depressed the clutch, the thrower assembly had nothing to push against, so the clutch didn't disengage. Lovely.

Anyway, we made it to out destination in Ontario, found the bar that Michigan Paul had recommended, and proceeded to forget about the long day we'd had.

Today, up and on the road, met up with Paul and are now packing to head out for the weekend canoeing/camping weekend. Hence; this is a short post. I'll-be-back (thanks Arnie) on Sunday and will post a more detailed listing of our adventures to date, with some pics, etc.

Hope everyone had an excellent end-of-week and I'll be catching you up, soon.

Until then;
Paddle Hard, Drink Fast

No comments: