Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, August 11, 2008

Rock, and Rolling out

Monday morning – only 3.5 more days of work and then Zig and I are rolling on out to the Badlands. Work has been straight-out for the past few weeks so I haven’t had much free time to dwell on the upcoming trip. I’ve got one more presentation to do (tomorrow) though, and then full-vaca-mode will be kicking me in the arse.

One of the stops we’ll be making is an overnight out at King and Pat’s house, in Olean, NY on our return trip. That’ll be when we’re meeting up with the NY crew for the annual pilgrimage to Maine for Labor Day weekend. Pat and King have always been quite gracious in letting us Massholes stay with them whenever we’re out there, and one way to say thank you is to bring a rock with us, for Pat’s rock garden.

That whole tradition started…oh…I don’t even remember how long ago it was. We were all up at Russ’ house for Labor Day and Pat brought a rock around to have all of us sign, so she could bring it back to her rock garden. Ever since then, I’ve tried to bring a rock out with me each time.

Anyway, the last rock I brought out, I tried doing something a little special to it; I used my Dremel to carve out the year, the names of those who were staying, and a ‘thank you’ to Pat.

This year, it’ll be Zig and I, so I found another decent rock and carved it up (King, you can’t tell Pat about this ahead of time!);

Starting out; trusty Dremel, some new bits, and a nice, flat lavender rock. (I know the rock doesn’t look very colorful in these pics, but it does have a nice lavender hue to it.)
Finished product. Hey, what can I say – no one will ever accuse me of being a craftsman, but I don’t think it came out too bad.
Yep; rockin’ and a rollin’. I’ll get another post up here before Zig and I headout on Thursday, then I’ll try and post little blurbs here and there as the trip unfolds. Getting close! Can’t wait…

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: