Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, October 17, 2008

Busier than a one-armed taxi driver with crabs

So where have I been? I’ve been here! At work! That’s right; I’m at work right now and I’m blogging. But I’m actually in a quiet spot right now…nothing is owed to me…I don’t owe anyone anything…which is just how I like it after two weeks of 12-16 hour days. Wait, 16 hour days? Yeah, that’s right. Fun stuff, this budget season. Bleah.

Here’s how I was feeling, many a night;


But anyway, it’s Friday and here’s what’s coming up on the agenda. Got a going-away party tonight for a coworker, and I think the party is going to get ugly. Not ugly in a bad way, but ‘ugly’ as in; the entire Finance dept is short on sleep and long on work hours, and there’s a lot of tension that needs to be let off. And I think that’s what’s going to happen tonight.

Tomorrow, I’m going to see if I can hash some ideas around and come up with a method to flow air out the top of a full-head mask. Why? For my Halloween costume. Not gonna tell ya what I’m gonna be. Not yet, anyway. But if I can pull this off, this should be one frikkin’ cool costume.

Tomorrow afternoon, Brother Bill says he’s got a biker party to go to. Supposedly 200+ bikes will be there, so that alone sounds like something worth checking out. I’ll have my camera with me, so I’ll see if there are any good shots worth taking.

Sunday is the annual Hyde Park Harley Riders Halloween Run. I’m looking at maybe 5 or 6 folks showing up at my house, then we’ll roll to Ronnie’s house where there are usually another 5 or 6 bikes. We’ll kick back for a few, and knock back a few. Then we’ll roar things to life and head off to the run, proper. Not sure how many towns we’re going through, but the excellent news is that this year it’s ending at a bar that’s only about 4 minutes from my house. (You guys in NY will know the place; it’s the restaurant/bar right in front of the motel you stay in when you come out for my pig roast.) So that’s way cool. We’ll chill out for a bit after the run then head back to my place, get the chimenea going and knock back some beers that are much cheaper than at the bar.


There you go; that’s the plan for this weekend. Hopefully you all have good stuff going on as well. Be sure to get the bikes out and roll some miles up. The snow isn’t here yet, but it’s making all it’s reservations. Get out there!

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: