Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Sad Day, Indeed

So I finally broke down and registered the Jeep today. Insurance wasn’t that painful (besides, I’ll be cancelling it in the Spring, anyways). I’ll still be riding the bike in every day for a while still, but this way the Jeep will be ready when needed…although, I hope it won’t be needed for a long time!

Also; the bike trip that was planned for this weekend was scrapped. Kevin, Greg and Ed all had to back out (they all had acceptable/valid reasons), and on top of that; the weather is now calling for showers on Saturday and Sunday. Riding in cold isn’t a problem. Riding in rain can be dealt with. But riding in cold rain? That sucks ass. So we cancelled the trip and we’ll see if we can get something put together in the Spring time.

I’ve actually got a ton of things which I need to get caught up on, so having the freed up time won’t hurt me at all. I had to bag my current plan for a Halloween costume. Some of the stuff I’d ordered on-line (which I’d thought would show up with plenty of time), now won’t be arriving until after my work’s party. So I’m embarking on a different plan now (an “outdoorsman”, so to speak). I’ll post a pic once it’s all done.

The annual pumpkin carving is this Sunday, too. We’ll all be heading over to Boop & Ed’s house, where we’ll hack and slash our way through some orange gourds and see what we come away with.

So bike-mileage will be down for the weekend, but food/fun/friend-mileage is still looking up. It’s all good.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

1 comment:

Joerg said...

Cold Rain. Who cares. Chicken.