Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, June 29, 2012

A New Member!

Here at my company, bikes have their own, covered (nice!) parking area. A number of years ago, we had so many guys bringing their bikes to work that we had guys parking their rides out amongst the cages. Times sure have changed, though. I don’t know what happened, but it’s just me and one other guy that ride now. Everyone else has given it up (why???).

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I pulled in this morning and found a shiny new 2012 CVO Softail Convertible parked there! Screaming Eagle, 110cu, custom (“stock” custom) paint job, lots of shiny chrome – this is a sweet looking bike!

What’s that? Ok, ok, settle down, I’ll give you some pics...

The new addition!

 
The new beast, parked and waiting to stretch its legs on the ride home.


Whoever the owner is, they haven’t peeled off the little sticker on the clutch inspection cover.  (I wonder if they thought “DO NOT REMOVE COVER” included the little sticker, too?) 

Believe me when I say that in real life, this paint job looks MUCH better than my antique phone’s camera would imply.

110 cubic inches (1800cc) of Screamin’ Eagle power.  That is an impressive mill right there – well, all except for the whole “air-cooled” aspect which Harley can’t seem to move away from.  But let’s not detract from the moment, shall we?

A very nice addition to the dwindling bike population here at Cognex. Let’s hope this is a portent of things to come!


Now then, I need to find out who owns this beast…and see if he’s interested in trading…

Ride Hard, Ponder Trading Up For A New Bike

No comments: