Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rendezous Dreamin'

My brain continues to mess with me. As you already know; I have a hard time sleeping prior to a road trip. Well, my brain has seen fit to increase the level of sleep deprivation this time around; last night was not the eve of departure, yet I still tossed and turned and then was wide awake a full 2.5 hours before the alarm was set to go off. (They say that lack of sleep can lead to an early demise - I always knew motorcycles would be the death of me!)

At any rate, it’s Rendezvous time!! Woot-Woot!! At last count, we had 31 people going out. That may no longer be accurate, though, as I’ve been hearing rumblings of additional folks going. That’s all well and good (the more; the merrier!), but I have not tried to keep tabs on things. Slacking? Nah, just turning the crew loose to fend for themselves. :-D They’re seasoned professionals and will do just fine. Me? I’m going to kick back with the Wednesday crew as we enjoy a nice and scenic day-long ride.

A few more logistics to wrap up tonight and then we’re on “island time”. We hit the road tomorrow morning and pull up the reigns in Cobleskill, NY. We’ll kick back with the entire NY entourage (we have the entire hotel reserved – not kidding) and I’m sure that will run long into the wee hours. A few hours of sleep and then we’ll be hustling to get up and rolling, to take our place in line with the other eager attendees. There’s a chance the pen may even be open again this year! That would be a most-welcome throwback to years gone by, but only time will tell for sure.




RENDEZVOUS!!  For those of you who are going, we’ll see you there. For those of you not going, we wish you were!!

Ride Hard, Take Chances – and pack your extra livers!

No comments: