Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, October 12, 2012

Haunted Hitchhiker II

Back in ’10, I rigged up the Haunted Hitchhiker (and almost had an encounter with a LEO).

http://twowheeledtales.blogspot.com/2010/10/haunted-hitchhiker.html

I figured I’d resurrect him for this year’s run (on Sunday!). But the question was; where to mount him? And then it hit me; I’ve got the flag receiver, so I should be able to rig something up using that. Let’s see how he’d look back there…


Not too bad, but we can’t have him dragging along on the ground, can we?  That’s just plain rude.  The poor guy is looking to hitch a ride, not be dragged through the streets.  Ok, so back to the flag receiver.  It’s got two pole receivers on it, so a quick trip to Home Depot for some square dowels, and it was time to construct a very simple brace…

Then affix the brace to Mr. Passenger's back…

And voila!  That guy isn’t going anywhere.  (Yes, the bottom of his outfit may drag a bit, but it’s made of cheesecloth and is super light.  So light, that when moving, I expect it will blow up and just float in the air.

Although, now that I think about it, I wonder if it’ll blow up and obstruct view of him. Oh well, I guess I’ll find out on Sunday.


The run itself promises to be just as screwed up as it always is. The route always gets messed up, with folks taking wrong turns, doing U-turns, going the wrong way…and to exacerbate things this year, the route has been changed several times in the past week (it’s posted on-line so folks can see it, but it keeps getting changed). Bring on the fun! Can’t wait to…

Ride Hard, Take Chances!

No comments: