Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Wave

I’ve recently discovered a new, powerful tool for reconciling egregious actions, performed upon others by oneself.

Further; I had no idea just how prevalent this powerful tool has become. It’s pervasiveness has been thrust upon me with greater and greater frequency of late, and I am now fully aware of this godsend.

What is this amazing and powerful thing of which I speak? Why, it’s the hand wave!

That’s right, with a simple wave of your hand, you can right a wrong, no matter how blatantly moronic it was on your part, or overwhelmingly dangerous it was to someone on a bike.

Realized at the last second that you were in the wrong lane, so you swerve directly into mine, causing me to slam on my brakes and fishtail right up to your bumper?
No problem! A quick wave in the rear-view mirror makes everything ok.

Too busy yakking on the phone with your BFF about your weekend and didn’t realize there was a motorcycle beside you when you attempted to move over?
I was about to get upset, but your dismissive wave fixed everything.

Had your nose tucked into your smart phone and drifted into my lane (from directly beside me), almost forcing me over into oncoming traffic?
No worries! A sheepish smile and wave, and all is forgiven.

Cut a left turn directly into my path of travel, almost causing me to become a hood ornament?
It’s ok, really. A shrug and a wave, and we’re all good.

As you can see, The Wave is truly a valuable tool of reconciliation! Where would we be without it??

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: