Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, March 8, 2013

TGIW

What a day.  Close to 8 inches of heavy, concrete-like snow were waiting for me when I got home last night, and then another 6+  had fallen overnight...and from looking out the window so far today, it looks like there will be much more waiting for me when I get home.  Oy, my achin' back.  But, I digress...

After shoveling this morning, I went inside, grabbed my phone...and promptly fumbled it out of my fat fingers.  Grabbing for it in a wild attempt to save it from hitting the floor, all I managed to accomplish was to hit it in such a way as to triple it's downward speed, smashing it into the hardwood floor, below.  A quick examiniation and my worst fears were realized; I'd sent my almost-new phone to the big technology place in the sky.

Damn.

I made it in to work, took care of some work stuff, then headed off to the store to get a new phone.  The guy at the counter asked how long had I had the phone for, and did seem genuinely sorrowful when I informed him I'd only had it for a month and a half.  Did I have insurance?  Nah, I don't need that stuff - hell, I'd dropped my last phone onto the highway from a speeding motorcycle, and all I needed after that was a new battery.  Ahh, but these smart phones are much, much more delicate than the flip-phones of old.  But I digress once again.  I handed over my credit card and did my best to ignore the audible gasp it let loose when the charge was applied.

The good news is that the guy was able to pull my SIM card from the broken phone and insert it into the new one, and I was up and running...sort of.  All my contacts are gone, but had them saved in an Excel file, so I'll be able to re-enter them.

So it hasn't been a fantastic Friday.  Hence the title; instead of TGIF, I'm going to settle for TGIW; thank god it's the weekend.  Hopefully it'll be better than today has been...

No comments: