Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, March 18, 2013

Weekend Wrapup

My new phone still has some hiccups to deal with in terms of letting me load blog posts so for now, I'm stuck doing updates on Monday morning.  Oh well, I'll try and get things figured out.  For now, let's see what the weekend brought my way, shall we?

First up; I finised the motorcycle puzzle.  Not bad for two and a half weeks.  (Now, instead of staying up too late looking for "just one more piece!", I can get to bed on time.)  I even managed to flip it upside down (using cardboard and those lightning-quick reflexes...the same reflexes that didn't help a bit when trying to catch my phone last week).  Anyway, the next step will be to get some spray glue, get this thing mounted onto some cardboard backer, and maybe even frame it (thanks for the idea, TEP).


Saturday found me changing the Jeep's oil. Why am I mentioning this on a motorcycle blog?  Because I wanted to point out yet another stupid thing that has invaded our lives.Why do we need containers of oil that are not evenly measured?  (It's not a matter of metric vs standard, either.)  The big jugs (!!) of oil aren't helpful at all.  1 1/8 gallons.  5.1 US Quarts.  4.826 Liters.  Who designs this?  And why???  There's a reason somewhere, but I can gurantee it's not for our benefit.  Do the manufacturers think folks will just give up on the last 1/10th of a quart and toss the container?  I don't know the answer to that question, either, but I can assure you that I save that extra oil, and in another 9 oil changes, I'll have an extra quart, baby!

A nice surprise I received this weekend, was two pics sent to me by Big Bill (the guy that bought my Fatboy).  Not only is the suicide clutch still on it, but he's stripped the tin off and has sent it out for paint.  The last time we were talking, he said he was going for a yellow, I believe.  I don't know if that's still the plan or not, but I'm looking forward to seeing it all back together again!



Last, but far from least, I had some time over the weekend to take my own ride out.  It was quite chilly and the skies were gray, but the roads were free of sand (mostly) and the traffic was light.  I didn't complain (and that's telling you something, right?).

Winter has apparently taken offense to my premature declaration of it's impending death last week, and has instead; mustered its strength to launch one more great assault upon our roadways (and temperments).  Tomorrow's forecast is calling for as much as a foot of snow, followed by somewhat chilly temps for the rest of the week, which won't really allow for much melting.  Bring it on, you Bastard.  Everyone knows this is nothing more than baseless chest-thumping, and while I have had to don a jacket as I sit out here in the graveyard, anxiously awaiting the delivery of your body, I'm still whistling a happy tune.  Your time is nigh, and I can wait you out.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: