Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Split Vision, Part II

So about 2 weeks or so ago, I posted about replacing my split windshield with a new one.  That new one had been a 5" smoked one, and wound up being too short.  I was going to just kick back and wait to see if an 8" one would fall into my lap.  But, since that kind of stuff never happens, I finally broke down and did some m ore searching.  Seems I'd been negligent in my earlier searches (when I'd said I couldn't find an 8" one, and had had to settle for the 5" one).  My mistake was thinking that the only company that would sell decently priced windshields was Memphis Shades, the company I'd found (and been quite happy with), a number of years ago.

At any rate, I found that there are other companies out there that not only offer the 8" smoked windshields, but also offer them at significantly lower prices than Memphis Shades do.  (I guess success has caused Memphis Shades to jack their prices up.)

So I ordered one from BK Rider (found on eBay) and it showed up yesterday.  I swapped it out with the previous one and things are back to being good.  (That extra 3" really makes a difference, right girls?)

(I didn't bother taking any pics because really, how many times can I post pics of a windshield install?  It's a simple process that takes about 60 seconds.)

Oh yeah - something else that I really liked about this second windshield, is that it came pre-formed to the contour of the fairing.  Pre-curved, if you like. The other one, from Memphis Shades, was flat, and had to really be worked into place, and, since that one is made of thicker, less-pliable material, the fairing really wasn't too happy about receiving it.  But this one that I put in last night, dropped in nice and smoothly.

So there you go.  Not terribly exciting, but better than nothing at all (I hope).

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: