Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, July 12, 2013

Split Vision

I've been riding around with a bit of electrical tape on my windshield for the past couple of weeks...
Why? Well, I've been trying to hide a little secret (but it's not really fooling anyone). Peeling away the tape, we find...*GASP!*
Yep; a busted windshield. How did the windshield get broken? Never you mind how it happened, let's just focus on the fact that it's unacceptable, and we need to remedy the situation.

So, with that in mind, I went on-line, looking for an 8" windshield to replace the one I'm used to running with. Unfortunately, the only 8" ones I could find were "gradient" (solid-black at the bottom, fading to pure clear at the top). I don't like that look at all, so I had to settle for the highest, solid-black one I could find; 5". (You women out there can attest to the disappointment one experiences when one is used to 8" but then has to settle for 5.)
At any rate, I got it installed, and it doesn't look too bad...
...And Snoopy is glad to not have a draft at his back any longer...
...but after having had the bike out several times since, I'm not really ecstatic. With the shorter shield, there's naturally much more air/rain/wind that is hitting me in the face. And, like most women out there; I'm not a fan of taking it in the face. So I'll keep my eyes wide open (well, not when I'm riding) in the event I come across a nice 8" one I can use.

Squint Hard, Take It In The Face

No comments: