Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Olean Senior Skip Day

It’s that time of year again! Time for the grunts who do all the real work, to assemble, flip the proverbial middle finger at management, and go riding for a day! Yeeaah!!! Who’s in?!?

Great! Get your bikes packed and head west. Because unfortunately, this event isn’t happening around here. It’s happening once again out in Olean.

TEP has been in touch to let me know that their annual Senior Skip Day is happening this Friday. The weather looks to be good, and, if past good-weather days are any indication, they may wind up with a great turnout.

Per TEP:
I was just told that there is already a Motorcycle Skip Day (shop ---union guys) planned for Friday the 27th.
I do not know a lot about it yet but they will be leaving Spragues at 10 am.
Headin for Gowanda, Chataqua (sp) and Mayville areas.
Have had large turnouts for this day----50+ bikes----much to the dismay of the management!!!

Can you imagine? 50+ guys getting together on a nice, sunny Friday, banging in “sick” and heading off for a day of riding. I could definitely wrap my hands around something like that.

The whole group is meeting for breakfast @ 9am, with KSU at 10, sharp. They’re going to head to the Gowanda HD Dealership, then hit the Lake Erie State Park (right on the shores of that great lake – just imagine the scenery!), then head back to Mayville for dinner. Dinner! They’re making a full day of it. Over 200 miles of leisurely, 2-lane highway travel. Sounds like a great plan to me!

Hopefully some pics will float my way and I’ll get them posted up.

In the meantime, though, I’ll be sitting right here. At my desk. Grinding away.

But my mind is already on the road, headed west…

Ride Hard, Dream of Bangin’ in Sick…

No comments: