Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olean on my Mind

'Been counting the days for a while, now.  Actually, if I count the days since I was last out there, it'd be way, way too many.  Ordinarily, I'm out there in July and August of each year, but neither of those happened in 2013, which makes it...holy crap...I haven't been out there since the Regatta in May.  That's almost an entire year!  Even worse, that's plenty of time for Mary to have found all the hidden cans by now!

So as you can see; not only do I have a lot of lost time to make up for, I will also need to restock Mark & Mary's house with fun little 'gifts' for them to find.

(As an aside, I'm going to get to see Jerry & Barb's new house while I'm out there - I'm not sure if Barb would enjoy the same hide-n-seek beer can game that the rest of us do...  I may have to do it, anyway...)

Also going on out there this weekend; the V is holding a clambake.  I'm not a seafood kinda guy, but I'll pop in for a bit to see the familiar faces.

We've got another nasty winter storm arriving tomorrow morning and they're saying it's going to be a 24-hour event, right through to Friday morning.  No matter.  I've got 4-wheel drive and ambition.  I will be on the road nice and early, front tires pointed almost due west.

Two more sleeps...

No comments: