Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, February 3, 2014

Solo Seat

The weather was calling for a nice day and the texts had been coming in; who's going riding!?!

Sunday was to be the better of the two days, so myself, Zig and Matty agreed to meet up at Zig's and then head to a not-too-local alehouse for some food and 'freshments.

I needed to head out from my house a little after noontime to hit the rally time of noon-thirty.  However, when I found myself with about 10 extra minutes, I figured I'd just take the long way there...

...then I saw the new solo seat sitting in the back of the garage and I remembered; oh yeah!  I still need to install that thing!  How hard can it be?  Can't take any longer than a few minutes...

Well, I forgot about the harness strap which crosses the seat, and to remove that, the saddlebags have to come off, and so on and so on.  None of this is hard, but it did eat up more time that I'd planned, so when I stepped back to survey the new seat, the clock said I was short on time.

A quick text to let the boys know I was running a few minutes late, and then I was off.  Man - I expected this seat to be less soft than the full/stock one, but wowie...this thing is stiff!  I got to thinking about the "sponge" that I used to sit on with the Shovelhead...was that one just as hard?  LOL, I'm not as young as I used to be, so maybe that seat was just as hard, but I'll tell ya; my lower back wasn't too keen on about the new seat.

The thing I absolutely love about the seat, though, is how low it sits me.  My shaded low-profile windshield is almost too high now, and may need to be lowered a bit, but I'm going to hold off for now as I'm not positive this seat is going to be a permanent fixture.  Maybe I'll just swap it back and forth with the stock one, depending on what ride(s) are lined up.

Anyway; here are a couple of pics...



The guys looked at it a bit, we chatted about it a bit...then we roared off.  Man, it felt so good to be riding!!

When we arrived at the alehouse, we found it was closed for a private Superbowl party.  Huh.  Well, ok, no problem, Zig knew of another cool place down the road a piece.  We saddled back up and headed over to that place, and settled in for some awesome food and great conversation with those around us.

After a bit of time, we saddled back up, roared up some more roadways and pulled into Alberto's where Kate was just ending her shift.  We took our places toward the back of the bar and hung out for a bit before breaking off in our own directions to catch the big game.

As we all now know - it was not much of a game...

Anyway, it's Monday now and the outside is pitch white again.  We're only supposed to get a dusting today but it's been coming down for hours and doesn't look like it's going to end anytime soon.  Then we're supposed to get another storm on Wednesday, and another one on Saturday...

...which just makes it that much more awesome that we were able to get out there and get some miles on yesterday.  F you, Winter.  We'll sneak rides in whenever we can!

Here's hoping some of you were able to get out there yesterday as well.  Keep the faith!  Winter can't last forever (but it does feel that way each year).

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: