Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, October 27, 2014

Where the hell have you all been?

Yeah; just kidding.  I'm the one who's been distant again.  Nothing personal, just been pretty crazy busy.  Let's get you caught up with what's been going down...

I had my work Halloween party on Friday.  Between being burned out from the budget, as well as some big changes to the party itself, I really wasn't "feeling it" this year.  But, as the time got closer, I realized that if I didn't at least try something, I'd be kicking myself.  So, I hunted around on-line for some ideas, found something I thought would work pretty well, and then did some searching on You-Tube for tutorials on how to pull it off.  What was the costume?  It was Harvey Dent, aka; Two-Face, from the Batman series.

So there you go; a picture of what the costume is supposed to look like.  And here is how mine came out...

Not awesome, but not terrible, either.  I was voted into the prize-winning group again, but wound up in last (10th) place.  Oh well, I'll take it.

Saturday night was our Post's annual Halloween party and I did the same costume up again.  I figured what the hell, I had extra makeup left over so I might as well use it up.

Here are some pics of the decorations for the hall...







There were a lot of great costumes and funny costumes, as I'm sure you've seen on FaceBook.  Everyone had a great time and we raised over $500 for the annual Kid's Christmas Party, so it was a win-win for everyone.

Last night I met up with Aaron and Chrissy, Ed and Susan, and we went to Barrett's Haunted Mansion.  They're doing a special "bite and fright" promotion where you get dinner (at their on-site restaurant) and admission to both haunted attractions, for only $30.  That includes tip and tax, too!  Considering that admission alone costs $24, that's a pretty great deal to get a meal, too.

The weekend was a very Halloween-themed one, and a lot of fun.  The only downside is that riding weather is winding down.  It was a very chilly ride home last night at midnight!

This coming Friday is Halloween proper and Ed & Susan are hosting their annual driveway frightfest.  The weather looks hopefully-promising, so with any luck; there'll be a great turnout of kids, and costumes.

Hopefully everyone is having a great Halloween season!!

No comments: