Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Compartmentalized Blues

The latching mechanism on the USB compartment broke about a month and a half ago, and when I had the bike in for it's last service, the dealership said it was covered under warranty.  Sweet!  They said they'd get that ordered for me and let me know when it was in.

Here we are a month later and, having heard nothing from them, I gave 'em a call to see how things were going.  Well, it was no surprise to hear that the part had come in a while ago.  Ok, so; next question.  Is this something they could do while I waited?  The guy said hold on, he had to check.  After a solid 5 minutes of on-hold, he comes back and said that since they have to pull the whole fairing off to do the replacement, I would need to drop my bike off this weekend and they'd get to it sometime next week.

Say what?

I'm not about to go without the bike for a whole week just so they can squeeze it in when/if a slot opens up on one of the tables.  I told them I'd have to check my schedule and get back to them, and they said ok, sounds good.

Hell, I bet I could swap out the old with the new in no time...but I'd probably void the warranty by opening up the fairing or something, so I don't think I'll go that route.

So now I'm left with...when the hell do I get this thing fixed?

I wonder if they'll hold on to the replacement compartment until December...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: