Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, September 28, 2015

Back In The Saddle

Picked up the bike on Saturday and took Kate out for lunch to say thanks for lugging my ass in to get it. That turned into drinks with Matt and Zig, which meant the rest of the day was a wash, but that was ok, it was a good day.
Sunday morning was the coldest we've had yet this season but there were miles to roll up. I was headed to the annual Fall Keene swap meet.
I like strolling around and looking at the offerings, both in the parking lot and on the tables inside.
Unfortunately, the offerings in the parking lot were nothing fancy. No stripped bobbers, no hardtails, nothing terribly custom at all.
This thing wasn't too bad, though...

I ambled inside and began the strolling. The usual sights greeted me; bins and totes overflowing with mostly unrecognizable (to me) components,  tarps and tabletops covered with handlebars, tanks, fenders, frames, etc. There were basket cases and rolling frames. There were even a smattering of complete bikes for sale. Old repair manuals, and assorted biker paraphernalia. In a nutshell; it was the same-ol', same-ol'. But that was ok, it was what I'd expected.
There was one fantastic surprise. As I was walking past an EZ-up, there was a guy talking to the proprietor. ..and I instantly recognized his voice. It was Malcolm!!
I haven't seen him since 3 'Vous' ago. We caught each other up on our lives and how we've been doing - he's clean and sober, has been for over 2 years, and says he won't be at the 'Vous again, which I understand,  given his new lifestyle.  I met his new woman (Martha), she was very nice. We exchanged numbers and he wants the crew to come up and visit him and go riding. Hopefully we'll be able to make that happen.
A guy there was hawking his carving abilities and he had a section of tree carved into a spine and skull...

I knew the person that had to see this thing so I snapped the pic and sent it off to Robbo. He replied, quite impressed with it.

That was pretty much it for this year. On my way out,  I snapped a few pics of bikes that had paint colors I liked...

Love the deep metallic blue of this one...

And the bright green on this one...

I could've spent more time there but I wanted to get back for the Pats game, so I made for the roadways home.

One last pic of the parking lot to wrap things up...

 Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: