Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I'm only a Month and a half off...

Poker night with the boys tonight. We had a lot of fun, and a lot of nonsense. It got kind of muddled toward the end. Suffice to say that when the dust settled, I was outfitting one of the guys with my old riding gear so he'd be warm enough for the ride home.
Huh?  You're right, I jumped way ahead. Sorry; we played cards long...LONG, in to the evening...and then kept going...LONG...In to the morning. Some folks retired to bed, others wwanted to (myself included), but it was still fun to spend this kind of time with brothers not seen often enough, so we kept on, keepin' on.
So when it was super late and the birds were chirping outside (and the sky was getting light once again), it was time to send that one guy home, all bundled up with gear to keep warm. Yep, that guy.
Oh yeah, a bit of backstory; for a minute there, I thought we were going to come to blows. He was pretty pissed off, but he didn't understand that I wasn't going to take any shit. Not from anyone, and sure as fuck, not in my house, no f'n way.
Once he understood where I was coming from, we were back on good terms...and then it was all I could do to pad him up with riding gear to keep him warm for the ride home. After all, I love my brothers and I want them to be safe.
So now I'm waiting for the text, saying he's home safely.
It's 4:45, the daylight has arrived outside and I my have run out of time to sleep tonight...

It just dawned on me that the title of the post made no sense when compared to the (rambling) post.
The reason for that is when it dawned on me that I should write a post about tonight, it dawned on me that what I usually do is try and take care of people after the pig roast. However, unfortunately this year I way overserved myself amd didnt help anyone. t. So here I am about a month-and-a-half later trying to make sure everyone gets home safely.

No comments: