Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Misfire Of A Different Kind

The indoor range I've been renting guns at has placed itself officially on my no-fly list.  I've been going there for weeks, either on Saturday or Sunday mornings.  Normally it was me and someone else but last week, nobody else was available so I went by myself.  I was eager to try out the S&W 9mm, as I haven't shot that one yet.

I went through the normal process, checked in with my ID, then said I was going to be renting again.  The guy asked if I had any of my own guns with me.  (I'd planned on bringing my shotgun with me but at the very last second, had opted not to, so I didn't have any of my own with me.)  He says no dice; if I come in alone, I need to bring in a gun of my own in order to rent one.  I said Ok, no problem - I thought once someone's been coming for a while, it'd be ok to come in an rent on my own?  No, he says; you have to have a gun of your own, with you.  Ok, sounds good, I'll try again next week and bring my gun with me.

Fast forward to this morning.  I was excited once again to go try the S&W, and I made sure to bring my shotgun with me.

I get in, hand over my ID, tell the guy (different guy)  I want to shoot shotgun, as well as a rented handgun.  No problem, the guy starts to reach for a lane card...

...then the douche from last week (working a different register) calls over and says a shotgun won't cut it, that I need to bring in a handgun.

Huh?

That's not what you told me last week, I said.  Last week you said I needed to bring my own gun - here's my own gun (lifting my gun case to show him).  Nope, he says, it's gotta be a handgun.

WTF.  Last week's wasted trip was my fault, but this week it felt like the prick was just making up rules on the fly.   So, I won't bother going there again.  I'm sure they won't care, or miss me, but at the same time, that's about $75 a week (range time + ammo)  that I'll find some other place to spend it at.

So feel free to spread the word.  American Firearms School in North Attelboro.  They can kiss my ass.

No comments: