Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Annual Marathon Monday / Red Sox Outing

I had Monday off for our annual Marathon Monday / Sox game extravaganza.  We were in line at Game On (Boston bar) @ 7:45, and seated with a frosty in-hand at 8:06.  Not a bad way to start the day.  (We took the train in, so no driving!)

We stayed there for a few hours then headed off to the Sox game.  They were playing some team from some other city (big baseball fan here), and wound up winning, so that was a good outing.  Got to see a young kid a few rows in front of us catch a ground-rule double (it bounced out of play and into the stands, basically right to the kid).  He was pretty stoked as everyone around him kept congratulating him.

The forecast was about as optimal as it could be - well...for us at least.  The runners weren't too crazy about the mid-70's and beaming sunshine, but we loved it.  Sitting in the stands, watching these grown men getting paid millions of dollars to run around and play a childhood game.  Do I sound jealous?  Because I'm jealous!

From there it was off to the new Tilted Kilt Boston.  I'd heard of this chain many times; supposedly a slightly better version of Hooters, as the descriptions went.  Well...we were completely unimpressed.  Service was terrible, food was so-so, and the sights weren't impressive at all.  Am I bashing the ladies?  Not at all, because I know for a fact that I'm no prize.  But when an establishment bills itself has having a certain type of workforce, I think that should be lived up to.  Even the girls who were with us said they were unimpressed.  (See?  We're not complete pigs, we had girls with us!).

From there it was back to the train station for the long, relaxing ride home...

...and the knowledge that we had to be at work all-too-soon.  Nelly had it the worst; he had to be up at 3:30.  I was lucky - I shut my alarm off, skipped the gym, and was able to delay my arrival until 7:30.  Ahhhh, bed.  I love it.

I need to hit the lottery so that every Monday can be like that one.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: