Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Return of the Assless [sic] Chaps

I was doing some closet cleaning a few months ago and stumbled upon my old set of chaps.  I wore these things for years and years, spanning from the Shovelhead, all the way up to the Electra Glide (when I finally broke down and bought riding pants).  During that time, I'd had the chaps resized twice because I was doing the powerlifting thing and my legs kept getting bigger.  (I remember the guy at Walter Dyer even commenting that I was going to need my own cow at the rate I was going.)

Anyway, once I stopped powerlifting, I lost a lot of the size so the chaps got loose on me...then I went to the riding pants thing, so I tucked the chaps away....for ages.

Well, this morning as I was getting dressed for the ride in, I was going to go with the usual plan; sweats under the jeans for the ride in (it's 50 out now, but gonna be 75+ on the ride home), but then it hit me...

I should give the chaps a try!  Yeah!  Let's see how they fit!

Well, the waist was disappointing because I wasn't able to draw it as tight as I used to.  And the legs?  Yeah, they fit just fine.  But I haven't been doing any powerlifting so that must mean all the beers and burgers are stacking up just nicely.

And the snaps on the bottom of the legs?  I'd forgotten that 5 out of the total 6 were broken.  So there I was this morning, riding in and right leg bottom (one working snap, at the bottom, thankfully) was holding on for deal life, while the left leg bottom (no working snaps) was flapping in the breeze, slowly causing the zipper to work it's way upward.  By the time I got to work, the thing was unzipped almost to my knee.  (shrug)  They worked well enough to keep my comfy for the ride in.

Maybe it's time I broke down and got myself a new pair of chaps.

The assless kind, of course.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: