Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Friday, November 16, 2007

A title? Hmmm...sorry, I got nuthin'.

Not a lot going on with the bike right now, as anyone in the northern half of the US can attest to. Weather’s been pretty chilly (No way, really Dave? Halfway through November? Gee, go figure). Still been riding to work a lot. Not yesterday or today, though. Temps in the low 30’s with heavy rain. I can deal with cold temps…and I can deal with rain…but when they arrive together…well, not so much. Weather this morning is even calling for chance of some snow showers later. Bleah.

I finally broke down and bought a windshield a couple of days ago. Picked it up off of eBay for $200 so that’s not a bad price. Supposed to be new-in-box, so we shall see. Should take about a week or so to arrive. I’ll get that thing slapped on and we’ll see how much of an improvement it makes. (I’ll probably be cursing myself for not having gotten one sooner…)

On tap for the weekend; yard cleanup tomorrow (should be fun; all the leaves are soaked to the ground), and then on Sunday, my buddy Mike (the guy that cooks the pig at my pig roasts) is hosting his annual turkey-plucking event. He raises turkeys for Thanksgiving and then whoever has bought one, has to come over and help him...prepare it. He does the actual...(how to say this delicately)...removal of life, so to speak, and then the rest of us take care of the plucking and such. He puts on a big spread for the day and everyone that attends, brings something more (potluck style) and it's a pretty decent party, all around. I'm planning on bringing my camera, maybe I'll throw some pics up next week. (I'll try to refrain from the gory stuff).

Sunday is also the anniversary of losing a brother of mine, so I'll probably find a quiet place for a bit, hoist a beer and spend some time remembering him.

That’s all I’ve got, folks. Have a great weekend.

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: