Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, July 27, 2009

Basement in Progress

So the basement project has been slogging along, bit by bit. The 'rough' plumbing inspection got the thumbs-up a ways back. The electrical inspector came by a while after that gave me the green light on the ‘rough’ electrical. After that was a few more framing issues (I installed 2x4 blocking for cabinets in the laundry room, and finished the 2x4 blocking for the bead-board that’ll be going up in the main room) and things were good for getting the 'rough' building inspection.


The Building inspector came by for that and he said things looked good. Nicey nice! The next step was to insulate the walls. I opted to go with the commercial stuff; 4 x 8 sheets of solid insulation, none of that fluffy pink stuff getting all into your skin and itching for hours. Just measure, cut on the table saw, and press into the spaces – nice and easy!

First, though, I had to get the stuff to my house. Here's what my Jeep looked like, just before unloading. (It’s times like this that I miss my pickup!)
Looking good!


I had the building inspector back out on Friday for the insulation inspection portion – got the ‘ok’ on that, and I’m calling the plasterer today to see when he can fit me in. Yeah Man! Walls and a ceiling!! That’s when things will really begin to take shape! After that, I can pick up and install my new pellet stove. Then it's a matter of scraping together the cash to get the final carpentry, electrical and plumbing done. After that will be flooring...and then comes the daunting task of furnishing the place. (Man, I need to hit the lottery soon!)
Unless anyone out there has a bunch of extra cash lying around that they don't need? C'mon, don't be shy, step right up...

No comments: