Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, June 27, 2011

Raindezvous Wrap-Up

Another year, another Rendezvous. The term "Raindevous" has been used to label some prior years that saw a fair amount of precipitation - without a doubt, this year certainly earned that nickname! It rained on Kevin, Phil and I for most of our ride out to the motel on Wednesday, it rained on Zig and Chrissy for their ride out that night, it rained most of that overnight, it rained on us while waiting in line on the road on Thursday, it rained while we were setting the tents up, it rained on Ed and Flex for their ride out on Friday, it rained...well...you get the idea.

The lousy weather really kept the overall activity down, and I didn't come away with any great stories this year. I did, however, come away with a nasty head cold which basically kicked the crap out of me on Saturday. Usually, the last day of the 'Vous finds me revelling in the madness along with everyone else, but not this year. This year I relegated myself to a chair for most of the afternoon, nursing waters and gatorade. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to make up for it next year.

We met a lot of new folks this year and had a great time with all of them. I also got to meet my 19-year old son who I apparently didn't realize I had. Ok, so he's not really my son, but damn...he sure could pass for it!

Everyone had a great time and we all made it home safely. I even managed to find my liver on the way home - it'd taken off during the night on Friday and had hitchhiked as far as the Mass border. It took some convincing, but I finally managed to get it to hop on the back of the bike and come home with me.

That's important, because the next trip is in a month (out to Olean), and I have a feeling I'm going to need it. (Oh who am I kidding - I'm going to need it long before then...)

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: