Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Physically Delayed

I had my bi-annual physical this morning.  The good news is that I got to go into work late.  Ok, I suppose the 'actual' good news is the doc expects me to live (at least long enough for my co-pay to clear, anyway).

But having the opportunity to come in to work late gave me a rare oppotunity to enjoy the daylight on my ride in.  Usually it's still pitch black out (and riddled with cops looking for early morning speeders).  The ride home?  Yeah, that's sunshine-time, but it's also cram-the-roadways-with-idiots-all-trying-to-get-home.  IE: crowded roadways.  But the roads this mid-morning were light on the commuter traffic, which allowed me to pick up the pace a little bit.  A bit of an added bonus was that my doc's office is sorta located off the beaten path, so I got to cruise a few tree-lined roadways before finally sliding into my normal commuter route.

The temps were still quite chilly - the nice warmup we're supposed to get today hadn't hit yet, but I had my gear on and my electric jacket was plugged in.

The sky was blue...
The roads were clear...
The music was cranking...
The trees passed by on either side...

I took a deep breath...
Eased off the throttle a bit...
Nicked the tranny up a gear...
Twisted back onto the throttle...

The seat cradled me as the bike pulled forward...life was good...

Ride Hard, Take Chances

No comments: