Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, June 2, 2014

Down to the...Wire. Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk

I ran out to the closest dealership at lunchtime (Boston Harley) and picked up the plug wires.  They will get installed tonight and we'll see how things fare.  If by some miracle this takes care of things then I will be ecstatic.

However, if (as I am expecting) this does not fix the problem, then it will be making one last trip - to a dealership to be traded in.

I perused the bikes on the floor at Boston Harley - those new Street Glides look sharp!  Everything on them is sweet!  Well, not everything; the $27k price tag gives me pause...  But I need to bite the bullet and get something reliable - Summer is here and I can't be saddled with a non-running bike.

The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the color selection.  They had some black ones, a burnt orange one, a flat cream one, a charcoal pearl, and a flat grey.   At first glance, the flat grey caught my eye and my new bestest buddy PJ (salesguy) was more than happy to show me all the bells and whistles the new HD's come with.  Pretty impressive, I have to say.  And it's comfortable to sit on, too.  I asked if they'd have any interest in an '08 with 50k miles on it and he said absolutely.  (I'm sure he'd temper his answer if he knew it was running like el crapola.)

Anyway - since the 2014 model year no longer offers the Electra Glide Classic version (which is what I'd really like), I will either pick up a late model ECG or a new Street Glide.  Either way, it'll be from a dealership.

I like the Boston dealership - I bought my '02 Fatboy from them and they always treated me great, even well after the sale.  The '08, I bought from Ocean State, in RI.  They were awesome to deal with when Zig and I were buying, but then...when he went back 3 weeks later with that fuel pump housing problem, they basically told him to beat it.  So, I'm not crazy about buying from them again.

The only downside to Boston is they don't have a color I'm crazy about.  I think they have agreements with a couple of other dealerships in New England so I will look into their inventory as well and when my new bestest buddy PJ calls me in two days for his follow-up contact, maybe I'll have found one that we can start moving forward on.

Either way, it all comes down to the wire(s) tonight...

No comments: