Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Ciao For Now!

I'd hoped to be able to get a couple of posts up before I left but I've been too slammed with trying to wrap up work stuff to get on here.  Anyway; tonight I am outta here!  Depart Logan @ 8:45, land in Reyjkjavic, Iceland for a bit, then it's up in the air again, finally landing in Zurich tomorrow @ 1.

Once I land, I need to find my way to the train tracks, then buy my ticket using Swiss Krona (or whatever the Swiss currency is called), then find the right track and hop on for a short ride to Zurich HB train station.  Arriving there, I should see a sculpture of a blue lade hanging from the ceiling, and below here; ta da!  A bar!  That is where my friend Erin is going to meet me when she gets out of work.  I tried to explain that leaving me alone in a bar in a foreign country for any length of time is probably not the best course of action, but she says she trusts me to behave.  Silly girl.

I've got my fingers crossed for my Harley rental next week.  In email discussions back and forth with the dealership owner, I think I have a bike set aside and waiting, but I'm not really sure.  We seem to have had a couple of miscommunications along the way (like when he said I could rent a Street Glide or a Road King, so I said I'd take the Street Glide, and he replied "ok, Road King.  Then I said "no, Street Glide", and then he sent me the confirmation for the Road King.  I guess I have have my choice, just so long as I want the Road King.)

Anyway, he asked me for my credit card info over email so that he could secure the reservation.  I know better than to send that information over email, so I asked him when a good time was to call and give it over the phone.  I never heard back from him.  (Shrug)  If there's no bike waiting for me, there are other bikes I can rent.  Besides, I'm told that a Harley really isn't the bike I want for the roads over there.  (Ha!)

So bottom line is; I've got options (just so long as I choose the Road King, apparently).

Ok, enough rambling.  I've still got a ton of things here at work to wrap up.  I hope everyone has a great couple of weeks and for those that are making the Labor Day trip this year, I'll see ya soon!

Ride Hard, Take Chances....in Europe!!

No comments: