Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, August 4, 2014

Dragging things out...

I'm slammed at work so you'll have to wait another day for the big reveal about what I omitted from my Olean write-up so far.  In the meantime, here's a couple pics I forgot to load and talk about...

King and I stopped by Mickey's to say Hey to Tommy and enjoy his scrumptious steak sandwiches.  Ok, I had the steak sandwich, King ordered fish-fry and fries to bring home to Pat and Alyssa.  Anyway, Tommy has new gifts for out-of-staters!
Yeah Baby - koozies with his restaurant's pepper mascot on them!  Mint!!

As we were shooting the shit, I commented how the only beer coasters he had were Yankee ones, and that he needed some Red Sox ones to spiff things up around his joint.  He wasn't on board with that plan, and the conversation soon moved on to other things.  He was busy getting ready for a large dinner party that was coming in that evening, so he was back and forth between the kitchen, chatting with us, the back dining room, etc.

After a bit of time had passed, King and I got ready to roll on out.  He was needed to bring dinner home and me, I was headed back to Mark and Mary's.  We said our goodbyes to Tommy and a few of the other folks, and ambled out to the parking lot...

...and when I lifted my helmet to put it onto my head, I was greeted with a sneaky surprise.  Tommy had grabbed a handful of the coasters and tucked them under my lid!

I grabbed them and looked at King, and shouted "That Rat Bastard!"   And that was when I heard the evil laughter coming from the deck we'd just walked off of.  Turning back, there was Tommy, all in his glory, and laughing joyfully.  We all chuckled at the prank, and I made a mental note that Zig and I really need to get moving on the great prank (for Tommy) that we've been discussing for several years.

Ok, now I think you're caught up, all except for the last thing that I will post tomorrow...

No comments: