Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Gots Me Some Spending Money!

Keep an eye on your motorcycle insurance carriers.  I read in the news a couple of years ago that the State of Massachusetts was going after insurance companies that were insuring motorcycles.  Apparently the companies hadn't been depreciating the value of your motorcycle each year, when they renewed your policy.  So a lot of folks were paying more than they should have been, and the State was looking to get some money back for the folks that had had these policies.

Well now, that sounded pretty allright to me!  So I'd researched it more, and found the list of insurance companies that were guilty of doing this, and damn - my insurance company wasn't on the list. It said that my insurance company had been doing things correctly.

Oh well, look on the bright side, right?  Even if it meant that I wasn't getting any money back, at least it meant I hadn't been overpaying for all those years.

So imagine my surprise when I received a letter last week, saying that I had a check coming to me as a result of the lawsuit the State had brought against the insurance companies.  Really?  That would be pretty awesome, I'd better keep a lookout for a check.

Sure enough; a hefty check arrived just the other day.  I guess the State thought I'd really been overpaying!  Sweet!

Found Money!  And just in time for my Europe vacation!



No comments: