Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, January 26, 2015

SNOWPOCALYPSE!!!

Sound the Sirens!  Lock the doors and stow away the food!!

Yep; Old Man Winter has apparently not forgotten about us.  We've been doing pretty well so far in terms of not having much precipitation, but that all ends tonight, and in a big way.  The latest forecasts are now saying well over 2 feet for most of our region, with the exception of one little tiny area, which they're saying could get over 3 feet.

And where is this tiny area you might ask?  Why, it's in the same spot it's always in; right over my frikkin' house.  Screw you, Old Man Winter!!

I was watching the forecasts last night and the weather guy said this storm will be of historic proportions.  He then went on to say; "The last time we saw something like this was in 2013."  Wait, what?  So how can this coming snowstorm be of historic proportions if we had the same thing only two years ago?  [shrug]

At any rate, the forecast totals have been increasing all day today, and now the Governor of the state has declared a state of emergency which goes in to effect tonight at midnight.  That means all roadway travel is banned, and you will be fined if you're out on the roads (snow plows are exempt, obviously).

The good news about this driving ban is it forces my company to close tomorrow.  Some of you may think that we'd be closed anyway because of this impending storm, but oh, no no; my company hates to close.  I've been here over 16 years and this will be only the 3rd time they've closed.  What they choose to do is send out a notice which says "Use your best judgment.  If you feel it is unsafe for you to drive, you will need to use a vacation day, or go unpaid."  Bastards.  But now with the driving ban in place, they cannot ask or allow employees to drive in.  Yeah, take that!

I'll have to hit the store on the way home - not the grocery store, I did that last night (and what a fiasco.  This snowstorm will only be a couple of days - how much bread and milk do you people expect to go through on two days??)

No, the store I will need to hit on the way home will be the liquor store.  I am woefully low on supplies and I know one plow driver who is going to expect some form of payment when he swings by on his route.

So with that, I will sign off.  I hope everyone out there stays safe, and I'll see you on the other side of this storm.

Shovel Hard, Avoid Avalanches

No comments: