Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, January 29, 2015

After The Devastation

The Blizzard of 2015 has come and gone, and while I mocked the weather forecasters for their use of "historic" to describe the coming storm, it turns out they were correct (for once).  The snow was indeed historic, setting snowfall records in Worcester, and I think in Boston as well.

My area wound up with one of the higher snowfalls as well; over 30" in about 24 hours.  That's not shabby at all.  When flakes first started to fall, I figured I'd stay on top of things and keep shoveling.  After shoveling the entire driveway about 4 times (each time there was only an inch or two of snow each time), I realized that I was shooting myself in the foot.  Why?  Well because all I was doing was giving the gale-force winds a place to deposit the snow.  The winds were whipping the snow across the lawn without leaving much behind, but as soon as it got to the driveway, which was lower because I kept shoveling, the snow dropped out of the wind and ta-da...more snow to shovel.  So I said screw it, went inside and figured I'd just wait until later.  Which I did.

Thankfully, Bill came by a few times with his plow and helped with the really big stuff...which at this point, was pretty much everything.  I did my best to keep the walkway, and the section of driveway in front of the garage, clean, but he took care of the rest.

The good news is that I was on my bike when the storm started!  Unfortunately, it was only to move it to the back of the garage so that I could tuck my Jeep inside and out of the way.  Also unfortunately; I don't see me taking it out onto the roads anytime soon, what with the mess that's out there now.

The forecasters are calling for some more snow tomorrow/tomorrow night, but with expected accumulations of only 3 - 4 inches, we're not really paying it any attention.  I mean; what's 3 - 4 inches after being hammered with 30+?

There's another storm system potentially lining up for Monday, but this morning, they said there's a chance that will miss us to the south.  Fingers crossed that that happens.  Unless it's going to be rain, in which case I would welcome it with open arms.  Let's get all this crap out of here so the bike can return to the roadways!!

Ok, that's all I've got for ya today.

Hopefully soon we'll all be back to...

Riding Hard, Taking Chances

No comments: