Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Key West, I hardly knew ye.

Unfortunately, I had another rough night with the neck, so I had to make the painful (no pun intended) decision this morning to back out of the Key West trip.  It's been over a week with no real improvement. I'm still unable to sit, stand, or drive for any length of time so there's no reason to risk making things even worse by going.

I'm expecting a call-back from Brigham & Women's neurology department to set up a consult appointment.  Their on-line information sounds promising about surgery.  It appears they require a minimum of 4-6 weeks of other treatment options before they'll discuss surgery, but that's ok with me.  I've already logged about 3 weeks of chiropractic - which has helped before, but doesn't seem to be fixing things this time around.  They may require that I do a cortisone shot...which I'm not excited about, but if that's what it takes, then I'll do it.

Hey, they just called me back.  Their first available slot is three weeks away; March 12th.

This sucks.

No comments: