Hello? Is this thing on?

Tell me when you've started recording... What? We're live?? Damn - any chance we can start over?

Monday, February 2, 2015

Irony

For those that weren't aware; the herniated disc in my neck has become an issue again.  It first started acting up a couple of weeks ago but instead of going quietly back into the night as it normally does, it went the less-traveled route of flaring up into a full-blown issue.  This happens once every couple of years and to be honest with you; I'm completely tired of it.  I want it operated on and fixed, once and for all.

The first step in that process is to get an MRI done.  Which I accomplished this afternoon...and within which lies the story behind this posts' title.

For as much pain as I'm in already, having to lie flat on my back, perfectly still, inside a coffin-like tube for over half an hour, raised the level of pain to entirely new levels.  And as I'm laying there with my neck, upper back and right arm literally feeling like they're on fire, what song should come through the headphones they put on me?

Painkiller, by Judas Priest.

I did get a chuckle out of that...for about a millisecond.

My doc should have the MRI results today and then is supposed to call me in a day or two and we'll discuss my options.  I'm seriously pushing for surgery.  We'll see how I make out.

No comments: